Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Wolfpack 1.1.2
HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 12:26 pm by Adox

» Rules for WolfstoneFTB
HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 4:21 pm by Adox

» Internal exception: Connection reset
HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 5:30 pm by Shadow

» How to best speed up the client?
HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 12:40 am by Adox

» April fools!
HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 6:15 am by IamTilen

» Minecraft April Fools
HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:58 am by Adox

» HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC
HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 3:41 am by Adox

» Waiting for the time
HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 2:48 am by Adox

» Portal added for testing purposes
HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 6:23 pm by IamTilen

» Wolfstone.tk doesn't work?
HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 5:57 pm by IamTilen

Useful links

HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC

Go down 
+4
Meguel
Shadow
IamTilen
Tyyppi42
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyyppi42
Developer
Developer

HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC Empty
PostSubject: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 1:33 pm

WolfPack is now on the FTB launcher!

Here is a quick guide to using MultiMC to play WolfPack while we wait for FTB to process the pack.

Expand each spoiler for details.

Get MultiMC:

Add your account:

Create a new Minecraft instance:

Add Forge:

Download WolfPack:

Add mods:

Adjust memory settings:

Launch the pack:

Last edited by Tyyppi42 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IamTilen
IamTilen

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Good guy typi.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 4:08 pm

You are THE best sir! Thanks alot Tyyp
Back to top Go down
Meguel
New to the forums

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 8:23 pm

Am I missing something or is the actual WolfPack still not available?
Back to top Go down
IamTilen
IamTilen

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 8:29 pm

Awaiting approval
Back to top Go down
Meguel
New to the forums

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 8:31 pm

I meant on MultiMC? Or is that awaiting approval as well?
Back to top Go down
IamTilen
IamTilen

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 8:38 pm

Oh. Pack is done, yeah. As for availability, adox has to provide the links and of course put it on the server.
Back to top Go down
Adox
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 1:08 am

Updated the main post with a link to the pack as it is currently. I shall try to devote time tomorrow to getting a working version of the server. Will run it locally at first to make sure it works.

Do you guys think that I should go through various maps until I find a good world or should we go with the first one we get when we start up the server?

Edit: Oh and also, the thing might crash when you run it the first time. It did for me but it wasn't mod related, it was java related. So eh. It might work for you, but first run crashed. Second run went through though.

Edit 2: Still unstable as hell. But I suppose that would change as the world we're gonna use later is explored and not being generated constantly.

Last edited by Adox on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Addition to info)
Back to top Go down
Bob_Sack
Bob_Sack

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 1:42 am

Adox wrote:
Updated the main post with a link to the pack as it is currently. I shall try to devote time tomorrow to getting a working version of the server. Will run it locally at first to make sure it works.

Do you guys think that I should go through various maps until I find a good world or should we go with the first one we get when we start up the server?

Edit: Oh and also, the thing might crash when you run it the first time. It did for me but it wasn't mod related, it was java related. So eh. It might work for you, but first run crashed. Second run went through though.

Edit 2: Still unstable as hell. But I suppose that would change as the world we're gonna use later is explored and not being generated constantly.

I think we should just play on the first map generated that isn't clearly flawed (no trees in sight, little island in the ocean, too close to taint etc.). Just leave it to the players to create an inhabitable spawn town on our own.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 6:13 am

I think I just skipped a heartbeat. After all this time I (or we) can finally WolfPack!
Back to top Go down
gukliuyk
gukliuyk

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 10:19 am

Shadow wrote:
I think I just skipped a heartbeat. After all this time I (or we)  can finally WolfPack!
^this
Back to top Go down
Tyyppi42
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 11:59 am

Adox wrote:

We will need to do something about this. Especially if it persists.

If you could provide some crashlogs, that would be very helpful in order to figure out what the problem is and how we might fix it.

Also, yay for pack release \o/
Back to top Go down
Adox
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Ok. posting some logs.

First one I think was caused by sand not behaving like it should. http://pastebin.com/rYEHfaLw

Second one was most likely chickenchunks messing up again. This is one of the reasons why I considered removing it. Since it has this "logintimes" thing which some times break shit and you have to delete that file to fix it: http://pastebin.com/E6xPxmZL
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 2:42 pm

*Downloads WolfPack*
*Waits*
*Launches WolfPack*
*Screams like a little girl*
Back to top Go down
Adox
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 2:47 pm

Hold yer screams until we actually are on FTB launcher. For now this is just a very elaborate private pack for friends. Once it goes up, that's when we have reached the finish line.
Back to top Go down
Tyyppi42
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:28 pm

Adox wrote:
Ok. posting some logs.

First one I think was caused by sand not behaving like it should. http://pastebin.com/rYEHfaLw

Second one was most likely chickenchunks messing up again. This is one of the reasons why I considered removing it. Since it has this "logintimes" thing which some times break shit and you have to delete that file to fix it: http://pastebin.com/E6xPxmZL

The second error seems to be usually caused by overzealous antivirus software blocking access to the file. Luckily, this shouldn't be a problem on the server.

The first one is more subtle. There is an error while updating a block. However, while reporting the error part of the error reporting mechanism crashes, hiding the original problem. This is usually caused when running out of memory or stack space. I believe the latter is more likely in this case. After digging into vanilla code, it seems the most likely cause is that there was just too much sand falling for the stack to handle it.

Last edited by Tyyppi42 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
Bob_Sack
Bob_Sack

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:05 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1inaynizr0qrcqq/ForgeModLoader-client-0.log

Crash when generating world. Decided to upload the whole console log for thoroughness sake
Back to top Go down
Tyyppi42
Developer
Developer

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:19 pm

Bob_Sack wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1inaynizr0qrcqq/ForgeModLoader-client-0.log

Crash when generating world. Decided to upload the whole console log for thoroughness sake

This seems to be the same error as in Adox's second log. The only good solution I can find atm is adding an exception to your AV software for the file ...\WolfPack\minecraft\saves\New World\chickenchunks\loginTimes.dat

As far as I can tell, this should not affect you when playing on the WolfStone server.
Back to top Go down
gukliuyk
gukliuyk

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:41 pm

lol newbs download microsoft security essentials all you need is that and a brain
Back to top Go down
Bob_Sack
Bob_Sack

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:52 pm

gukliuyk wrote:
lol newbs download microsoft security essentials all you need is that and a brain

How's that UAC working out for you?
Back to top Go down
gukliuyk
gukliuyk

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:55 pm

i Dont even know the meaning of the acronym so id say pretty good
Back to top Go down
Edgars7363
Edgars7363

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Is this pack going on the server anytime soon?????
Back to top Go down
Adox
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 3:16 am

Hopefully soon, Edgars. Trying to get it to work currently. But for some reason it refuses to start no matter what kind of .jar I'm using. I've tried with fresh installs for both MCPC+ and the normal server jar that FTB provides.

Each time it comes up with this error: http://pastebin.com/ieTAAe4f
Back to top Go down
Bob_Sack
Bob_Sack

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 3:35 am

Adox wrote:
Hopefully soon, Edgars. Trying to get it to work currently. But for some reason it refuses to start no matter what kind of .jar I'm using. I've tried with fresh installs for both MCPC+ and the normal server jar that FTB provides.

Just to be sure.. you didn't include any client-side-only mods in the server?

Such as.. damage indicators?
Back to top Go down
Adox
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 3:41 am

Bob_Sack wrote:
Adox wrote:

Just to be sure.. you didn't include any client-side-only mods in the server?

Such as.. damage indicators?

You clever. Me like you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC   HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC Empty

Back to top Go down

HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC
Page 1 of 1