Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Wolfpack 1.1.2
Updates on me EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 12:26 pm by Adox

» Rules for WolfstoneFTB
Updates on me EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 4:21 pm by Adox

» Internal exception: Connection reset
Updates on me EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 5:30 pm by Shadow

» How to best speed up the client?
Updates on me EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 12:40 am by Adox

» April fools!
Updates on me EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 6:15 am by IamTilen

» Minecraft April Fools
Updates on me EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:58 am by Adox

» HOWTO: Install and play WolfPack using MultiMC
Updates on me EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 3:41 am by Adox

» Waiting for the time
Updates on me EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 2:48 am by Adox

» Portal added for testing purposes
Updates on me EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 6:23 pm by IamTilen

» Wolfstone.tk doesn't work?
Updates on me EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 5:57 pm by IamTilen

Useful links

Updates on me

Go down 
+4
Bob_Sack
Edgars7363
IamTilen
Adox
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Adox
Admin
Admin

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 6:28 pm

As some of you know SuperPunchCeilia was my girlfriend. She broke up with me about 2 weeks ago. I've been depressed ever since. Despite trying to keep my cheer up, I've lost even more now. Conchur, who also went to the server, was the other friend I had alongside Ceilia. We have had our little group for 3 years and today, I lost Conchur as well.

So to summarize, I lost my 2 best friends who have been with me every day for 3 years. They were the only people I talked to on a daily basis and now I am alone once again. Not only were they my friends, but also the ones I had planned on starting a games studio with and make games based on the stuff we did in World of Warcraft which is where we met.
We had worked on that for 2 years, building hte story and world and had come a long way. But now I have been left out. In a way I feel cheated. I've helped start it all, but I'm no longer part of it while they can continue working on the dream that I helped make.

Since I no longer have any contact with any of them, I've technically lost the last 3 years of my life and been left on my own. This might have an impact on the server in general. I might be a bit quiet once we start up again and my will to do much has diminished.

I hope that this is alright with you guys as you are almost all I have left. So forgive me if things aren't up to par for a while.
Back to top Go down
IamTilen
IamTilen

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 6:47 pm

You will get better, we all had such an event and we all overcame it, so will you. I do however doubt the best way to do so is to stick around the internet, but rather to get your things together go a bit in the nature. Up there you ought to have quite a lot of enjoyable, relaxing nature to rethink what has happened. Either way, it's not much you can do about it anyway and while it may sound a bit harsh, but don't forget it's the best for you and to face it it is just the way it is. Life goes on. You might find out a better life, a better reason to live.

Just for you.
Back to top Go down
Adox
Admin
Admin

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:09 pm

I do understand what you mean, Tilen. I do think things will improve eventually. But for the moment I'll be a bit down due to more than one reason. A big chunk out of my everyday life no longer exists, someone to talk to every day being one of the things that have disappeared.

I'll eventually get into university and whatnot. A year and a half or so left if things go right. And as one other person I've talked to said, A place where people go with the same interests is bound to have someone who can see the same as what Ceilia saw in me and like me in return. So let's hope for that.
Back to top Go down
Edgars7363
Edgars7363

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:22 pm

I wish you all the luck in the world!!!
Back to top Go down
Bob_Sack
Bob_Sack

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:25 pm

How old are you Adox, if you don't mind me asking?
Back to top Go down
IamTilen
IamTilen

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Adox wrote:
I do understand what you mean, Tilen. I do think things will improve eventually. But for the moment I'll be a bit down due to more than one reason. A big chunk out of my everyday life no longer exists, someone to talk to every day being one of the things that have disappeared.

I'll eventually get into university and whatnot. A year and a half or so left if things go right. And as one other person I've talked to said, A place where people go with the same interests is bound to have someone who can see the same as what Ceilia saw in me and like me in return. So let's hope for that.

You can always talk to us.
Back to top Go down
xBoom305

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:29 pm

Really sorry to hear about all this negative stuff happening to you Adox, I do hope you'll get out of the slum soon and the best medicine for you now is laughter and time. I'm sure things will get better. I'm not sure how much it means but I've had my share of depression and know what it feels like to have bad stuff happen, I'm here to help in anyway I can.

Something that helps me out:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f57/18/79/47/46/098-en11.jpg
Back to top Go down
Adox
Admin
Admin

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 1:11 am

Bob_Sack wrote:

Turned 22 in February. Why?
Back to top Go down
Adox
Admin
Admin

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 1:43 am

IamTilen wrote:

And I know this, Tilen. I'm thankful I still have the server. But as it is right now, there's not much happening at all on it. Once the pack is up and running, we can properly start playing again.
Back to top Go down
IamTilen
IamTilen

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:30 pm

Adox wrote:
IamTilen wrote:

And I know this, Tilen. I'm thankful I still have the server. But as it is right now, there's not much happening at all on it. Once the pack is up and running, we can properly start playing again.

Might as well put the test pack on and get somebody to make a guide on setting a pack up and getting on the server, until the approval.
Back to top Go down
Tyyppi42
Developer
Developer

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 1:35 pm

IamTilen wrote:
Might as well put the test pack on and get somebody to make a guide on setting a pack up and getting on the server, until the approval.

This is not a bad idea, IMO. Especially if we don't get an approval soon. It would also have the benefit of testing the pack in the final environment and with more people.

The two obvious problems I can see are user convenience and mod permissions For the first one, I could try to make clear instructions (with screenshots, etc.) for setting up a MultiMC instance. As long as we make sure the download link is only given to whitelisted members, and credit the mod authors & link to mod pages in a text file with the pack, I believe we would be following terms of the mod licenses.

It's not ideal, but it is certainly an option.
Back to top Go down
gukliuyk
gukliuyk

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 1:40 pm

or make a temporary technicpack modpack xD
Back to top Go down
IamTilen
IamTilen

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 2:31 pm

Tyyppi42 wrote:
IamTilen wrote:

This is not a bad idea, IMO. Especially if we don't get an approval soon. It would also have the benefit of testing the pack in the final environment and with more people.

The two obvious problems I can see are user convenience and mod permissions For the first one, I could try to make clear instructions (with screenshots, etc.) for setting up a MultiMC instance. As long as we make sure the download link is only given to whitelisted members, and credit the mod authors & link to mod pages in a text file with the pack, I believe we would be following terms of the mod licenses.

Well, the server is just there and nothing is happening on it..

By the way, there is a mod that gives you only 2 wood planks from a wood log, instead of 4. Might want to change that back.
Back to top Go down
Bob_Sack
Bob_Sack

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Adox wrote:
Bob_Sack wrote:

Well I'm 22 as well and have been through similar things you're going through right now. I've lost a couple long-distance relationships, one having lasted 1 year. It, too, ended out-of-the-blue for almost exactly the same reason.

I've learned that long-distance is not worth the hardship, and very very rarely works out in the end. I've been through the gauntlet of dating websites, but my conclusion is that I should just keep doing what I enjoy doing and someone with the same passions as I will inevitably show up.

You've got a long life ahead of you. You're a smart guy who knows what he wants to do. The odds are in your favour. Just live life one day at a time; things always get worse before they get better
Back to top Go down
Adox
Admin
Admin

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 8:27 pm

IamTilen wrote:
Tyyppi42 wrote:
IamTilen wrote:

Well, the server is just there and nothing is happening on it..

By the way, there is a mod that gives you only 2 wood planks from a wood log, instead of 4. Might want to change that back.

If I can figure out what mod is doing that, I'll change it. Might be Gregtech, it does all kinds of things. But putting up the pack as it is right now might be a good idea. Tyyp can hopefully set up a guide for now to install stuff. I for sure am unable to understand MultiMC, so I'd need one. If we do intend to set it up early though, we do need to decide on a day that we're gonna use for blowing up the old world.

Bob_Sack wrote:
Adox wrote:

Bob_Sack wrote:

Well I'm 22 as well and have been through similar things you're going through right now. I've lost a couple long-distance relationships, one having lasted 1 year. It, too, ended out-of-the-blue for almost exactly the same reason.

I've learned that long-distance is not worth the hardship, and very very rarely works out in the end. I've been through the gauntlet of dating websites, but my conclusion is that I should just keep doing what I enjoy doing and someone with the same passions as I will inevitably show up.

You've got a long life ahead of you. You're a smart guy who knows what he wants to do. The odds are in your favour. Just live life one day at a time; things always get worse before they get better

Well it sure can't get worse. Because I have to start over on everything. Friends, life goals, dreams and all.. The fact that I have no one to chat with is one of the worst. And that I bought several games just to play with them and we never finished some is annoying as hell. We started 4 games in Civ5, but never finished any of them despite playing for a total of 15-20 hours.. And I can't even look at those games in my Steam library without feeling bad again.
But I hope you're right, Bob. Ceilia was the first one I've ever loved. And that's after trying for 5 years to find someone. It's really hard to find someone who likes you when you aren't exactly good looking. People don't fall in love with your personality when they see you the first time. And I don't have the confidence to talk to anyone, I guess that's because my entire childhood I was bullied for being overweight -and- for being who I am.
Back to top Go down
IamTilen
IamTilen

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 9:55 pm

I guess Typi ought to make it, if he can not, I - thanks to him - can.
Back to top Go down
HerrTengil

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 2:49 am

IamTilen wrote:

It's GregTech. Using a saw yields the normal amount of wood/sticks.
This returns it to vanilla:

Code:
B:WoodNeedsSawForCrafting=false

That change will need to be pushed to the clients to maintain consistency for NEI.
Back to top Go down
Adox
Admin
Admin

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 2:53 am

A saw? There are saws?.. Well. I guess if we do an upload it'd be somewhat easy to include that in the entire thing for now. Or we go with the saws and change it later?
Back to top Go down
HerrTengil

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 3:00 am

Yeah, Greg added a few tools for crafting purposes. There are 3 of them: saw for wood, hammer for plates, and mortar for dusts.
Back to top Go down
gukliuyk
gukliuyk

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 10:00 am

werent the hammers added by ic2 experimental?
Back to top Go down
HerrTengil

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 10:04 am

IC2 Experimental now adds the hammer, they were originally added by GregTech in 1.5.
Back to top Go down
Tyyppi42
Developer
Developer

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 1:57 pm

Adox wrote:
Tyyp can hopefully set up a guide for now to install stuff. I for sure am unable to understand MultiMC, so I'd need one. If we do intend to set it up early though, we do need to decide on a day that we're gonna use for blowing up the old world.

I put a howto on the help section of the forum.

I think we are all itching to play the new pack / new world. So, I would suggest having our detonation party at the earliest convenience
Back to top Go down
Bob_Sack
Bob_Sack

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Tyyppi42 wrote:
Adox wrote:
Tyyp can hopefully set up a guide for now to install stuff. I for sure am unable to understand MultiMC, so I'd need one. If we do intend to set it up early though, we do need to decide on a day that we're gonna use for blowing up the old world.

I put a howto on the help section of the forum.

I think we are all itching to play the new pack / new world. So, I would suggest having our detonation party at the earliest convenience

Itching? I no longer have skin at this point
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Updates on me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates on me   Updates on me Empty

Back to top Go down

Updates on me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Server - General Unrelated Talk-
Jump to: